Tuesday, April 17, 2007

When to apply?

Apply on day one. I applied 10 hours after the ERAS opened for applications. I got my first interview in mid October - before many have even applied. Sometimes your application may be missing an LoR or even a USMLE step 2 score. You can always add it later. Granted you may not get some interviews till your application is complete. However I got 5 interviews with one USMLE score during my first match season. (I did not match that season since I took step 2 really late.)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi psych Guru,

Good effort for Psychiatry aspirants like me. I have step 1 sxcore 87, gave CS recently ( results expected Oct) and planning Ck in Sept ending. Tell me how is my plan? Can I apply on Sept 1st? I have few years experience in psychiatry in the West

PsyGuru said...

sure u can apply on sept 1st.